Dr Almut Beige
Reader for Quantum Optics
and Quantum Information
Theoretical Physics Group
School of Physics & Astronomy
University of Leeds
Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
- Postdocs: Robert Bennett (EPSRC Fellow), Adam Stokes
- PhD students: Tom Barlow, Oleg Kim, Lewis Clark
- Former postdocs: Antonio Capolupo, Christian Schön,
Alex Monras Blasi, Rebecca Palmer, Andreas Kurcz
- Former students: Christian Schön, Carsten Marr,
Yuan Liang Lim, Jeremy Metz, Andreas Kurcz, Jonathan Busch, Tony Blake, Adam Stokes
- open quantum systems
- implementation of quantum computing
- laser and cavity-mediated laser cooling
- quantum cryptography
Recent talk at the Newton Institute in Cambridge:
Coherent cavity networks with complete connectivity
A master equation for a two-sided optical cavity,
T. M. Barlow, R. Bennett, and A. Beige.
Extending the validity range of quantum optical master equations,
A. Stokes, A. Kurcz, T. P. Spiller, and A. Beige, Phys. Rev. A 85, 053805 (2012).
Coherent cavity networks with complete connectivity,
E. S. Kyoseva, A. Beige, and L. C. Kwek, New J. Phys. 14, 023023 (2012).
Sonoluminescence and quantum optical heating,
A. Kurcz, A. Capolupo, and A. Beige, New J. Phys. 11, 053001 (2009).
Cooling atoms into entangled state,
G. Vacanti and A. Beige, New J. Phys. 11, 083008 (2009).
Robust entanglement through macroscopic quantum jumps,
J. Metz, M. Trupke, and A. Beige, Phys. Rev. Lett. 97, 040503 (2006).
Repeat-until-success linear optics distributed quantum computing,
Y. L. Lim, A. Beige, and L. C. Kwek, Phys. Rev. Lett. 95, 030505 (2005).
Analysis of a two-atom double-slit experiment based on environment-induced measurements,
C. Schön and A. Beige, Phys. Rev. A 64, 023806 (2001).
Quantum computing using dissipation to remain in a decoherence-free subspace,
A. Beige, D. Braun, B. Tregenna, and P. L. Knight, Phys. Rev. Lett. 85, 1762 (2000).
- Projection postulate and atomic quantum Zeno effect,
A. Beige and G. C. Hegerfeldt, Phys. Rev. A 53, 53 (1996).
Complete list of publications
Citation statistics at Google Scholar
Contribution to a book
- since October 2005: Quantum Information Group,
School of Physics & Astronomy, University of Leeds
- October 2003 - September 2004: Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics (DAMTP), University of Cambridge
- October 2002 - September 2005: Quantum Optics and Laser Science Group (QOLS), Imperial College London
- August 2000 - September 2002: Laser physics group, Max-Planck-Institut für Quantenoptik in Garching
- June 1998 - July 2000: Quantum Optics and Laser Science Group (QOLS), Imperial College London
- March 1998 - May 1998: Postdoc in the Quantum Theory Group, University of Potsdam
- December 1992 - January 1998: diploma and PhD thesis at the Institute for Theoretical Physics, University of Göttingen
We acknowledge funding from: